Jonathan M. Robinson
Jon’s practice includes a wide variety of civil litigation focusing on insurance defense, insurance coverage, arson and insurance fraud, personal injury, medical malpractice defense, governmental law, complex business litigation, trusts and estates. He has represented clients in South Carolina state and federal courts and has successfully tried numerous cases to jury verdicts. He also serves as the Assistant County Attorney for Kershaw County..
Prior to joining the firm in 2001, Jon clerked for The Honorable L. Henry McKellar, South Carolina Circuit Court Judge. During law school Jon clerked for Gergel, Nickles, and Solomon. Prior to law school he served on the executive staff of South Carolina Governor David M. Beasley. He also interned with the South Carolina Department of Commerce’s Coordinating Council for Economic Development.
Jon received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of South Carolina in 1997 and his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2000. Jon is an active member of the community. He has served as president of the Kershaw County Bar Association and Chair of the South Carolina Commission on National and Community Service.
He is currently a member of the South Carolina Insurance Fraud Investigators Association, Electric Cooperative Bar Association, Kershaw County Bar Association, and South Carolina Bar.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar, Member
- Kershaw County Bar Association, Member, Past President
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Insurance Fraud Investigators, Member
- Richland Lexington Cultural Council, Past President
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2000
- University of South Carolina, B.A. Political Science, 1997
- South Carolina, 2000
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2012
803-254-5445 ext. 212
Areas of Practice:Civil Litigation Practice
Civil Appellate Practice
Insurance Coverage Issues
Arson and Insurance Fraud
Trusts and Estates
Legal Malpractice Defense
Medical Malpractice Defense
Nursing Home Litigation
Complex Business Litigation