John K. DuBose, III
John currently serves as the County Attorney for Lancaster County. John’s practice includes a wide variety of civil litigation focusing on insurance defense, insurance coverage, arson and insurance fraud, collections, foreclosure, bankruptcy, personal injury, medical malpractice defense, governmental law, condenmation/eminent domain and real estate. He has successfully tried numerous cases to jury verdicts, and has represented clients in South Carolina state courts and federal courts as well as the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of South Carolina.
John joined the firm in 2007. In 2005 and 2006, John prosecuted criminal cases as an Assistant Attorney General in the Insurance Fraud Division of the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office. Upon graduation from law school in 2004, John spent a year as law clerk for The Honorable J. Ernest Kinard, Jr., South Carolina Circuit Court Judge. During law school, John clerked for the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
In 2001, John received a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Geology from the College of William and Mary. In 2004, John received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law. In 2004, John also received a Master of Studies in Environmental Law, cum laude, from Vermont Law School as a participant in the dual degree program between the University of South Carolina School of Law and Vermont Law School.
John is a current member of the South Carolina Insurance Fraud Investigators Association, South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association, and the Kershaw County Bar Association and South Carolina Bar. He is a past president of the Kershaw County Bar Association.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar, Member
- Kershaw County Bar Association, Member
- Richland County Bar Association, Member
- South Carolina Insurance Fraud Investigators, Member
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association, Member
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys, Member
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2004
- Vermont Law School, Master of Studies in Environmental Law, cum laude, 2004
- College of William and Mary, B.S. Environmental Geology, 2001
- South Carolina, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2012
803-432-1992 ext. 17
Areas of Practice:Civil Litigation Practice
Insurance Coverage Issues
Arson and Insurance Fraud
Medical Malpractice Defense